Heather Hills Baptist Church Logo

History


Church History

Located about 15 minutes east of downtown Indianapolis, Heather Hills Baptist Church has been promoting the worship of God for over 50 years.

  • 1961
    Originally started as Faith Regular Baptist Church - led by Pastor Robert Humphreys
  • 1962
    Name changed to Faith Baptist Church
    First recognized by The General Association of Regular Baptist Churches
    The land where it is presently located was purchased
  • 1964
    Original building dedicated
  • 1966
    Name changed to Heather Hills Baptist Church and addition was constructed
  • 1967
    Glen Eveland becomes Pastor ('67-'76)
  • 1969
    A new auditorium was constructed capable of seating 400 people
  • 1970's
    Church growth led to a bus ministry that utilized nine buses per week providing transportation to the church from neighboring areas
  • 1976
    David Bower becomes Pastor ('76-'96)
  • 1987
    A new sanctuary with capacity of 620 people and additional classrooms were constructed and dedicated
  • 1996
    Joseph Godwin becomes Pastor ('96-'01)
  • 2002
    Nathan Watson becomes Pastor ('02-'07)
  • 2003
    Church hosts first 'Family Fun Fest' and 5K run - an annual outreach festival to serve local community
  • 2005
    MOM house opens
  • 2005
    Youth Mission trip to Ensenada Mexico - focus on building homes, evangelism
  • 2006
    Youth Mission trip to New York City - part of NYGO - New York Gospel Outreach
  • 2008
    Brian McCrorie becomes Pastor


Heather Hills Baptist Church
1421 N. German Church Road
Indianapolis, IN 46229